The following are items in continuous need year round in the Food Bank:
- Canned, bottled, and dry goods products for the food bank to aid veterans, their families and others in the community
(Please make certain the items are not beyond the "use by date" or opened/used):
- Canned meat products: tuna fish, SPAM®, canned chicken, deviled ham, Vienna sausage, canned liver pate, etc.
- Canned vegetables: green beans, yellow beans, garbanzos, peas, corn, carrots, beets, potatoes, frijoles, beans, yams,
sweet potatoes, stewed tomatoes, spinach, kale, etc.
- Fruits: fruit salad, canned fruits, dried fruits, preserves, jams, jellies, etc.
- Canned and packaged soups: tomato, minestrone, beef vegetable, navy bean, Cup-A-Soup®, ramen noodle soup, bouillon cubes, etc.
- Canned prepared meals: spaghetti, SpaghettiO's®, lasagna, beef stew, refried beans, pork and beans, tomato Sauce, Chinese dinners,
- Dry goods: cereal, bread mix, flour, cornbread mix, bisquick, pancake mix, oatmeal, macaroni & cheese,
Hamburger Helper®, rice, pasta, noodles, stuffing, Rice-a-Roni®, Jell-o®/pudding mix, cake mixes, frosting mix,
brownie/muffin Mix, biscuits, breakfast bars, crackers, cookies, etc.
- Beverages: coffee, tea, juice, canned milk, powdered milk, Crystal Light, Kool-Aid, drink mixes, etc.
- Condiments: salt, pepper, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, salad dressing, syrup, relish, pickles, olives, cranberry Sauce, olive oil, vinegar, etc.
- Toiletry items: tooth brushes, tooth paste, dental floss, hair brushes, combs, hand soap, toilet paper, razors
(disposable), wash cloths, shampoo, conditioner, cream rinse, etc.
Volunteering OpportunitiesHelp needed throughout the year:
- Volunteers to help prepare Mail solicitations and invitations to fund raising events
- Volunteers to help sort and rotate stock of food items in food bank
- Volunteers to help deliver food to needy veterans and families
- Volunteers to assist at VA Primary Care Clinics
- Volunteers to assist at the VA Hospital